Positions within this area are Admissions/Membership, Ticket Booth, Stroller Booth, Carousel and Gift Shop. All of these positions will provide professional and courteous service to guests and be crossed trained in all Guest Services positions.
Accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, Potawatomi Zoo is home to more than 400 animals and exceeds the standards for zoos in animal care and quality of life, conservation, and education programs. Potawatomi Zoo is one of the oldest zoos in Indiana, and since its humble origin as a duck pond, it has become a focus of fun and educational activity in the Michiana area.
Positions available: Admissions, Membership, Ticket Booth, Carousel and Gift Shop
Advantages of working at the Zoo:
- Flexible schedule 7 days a week (between 9am and 8pm)
- Seasonal Part Time and Seasonal Full-Time hours available (health benefits available for seasonal full-time staff)
- Monthly bonus with Zoo match at the end of the season
Pay rate: $11.00/hr
- Interact/communicate with guests and staff in a professional, helpful, and courteous manner at all times.
- Accurately count money/make change.
- Operate a computerized point of sale system or electronic cash register.
- Maintain an enthusiastic and welcoming demeanor.
- Adapt to changing assignments, or environment and while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Actively promote events and other zoo related activities.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Inventory and organize the retail areas.
- Restock merchandise as needed.
- Follow all Zoo policies and procedures
- Must be 15 years old or older
- Have availability and flexibility to work 3-4 days a week or more including weekends, holidays and evenings
- Maintain clean and safe work environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to Stoop, Stand, Lift and Sit multiple times throughout a scheduled shift.
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to support other areas of the Zoo
- Communicate information.
- Pass a Criminal Background Check
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to these positions. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of Guest Service employees. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.