Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, all outreach Zoo to You programs with animals will be virtual via ZOOM until further notice.
Topics: Looking for animal programs to support your classroom lessons? Select from our available topics to enhance your students’ experience with animal encounters, interactive biofacts (shells, feathers, scales, skulls, fur, and more!), and activities pertaining to a topic listed below.
- Adaptations: Each animal has physical and behavioral adaptations that help them survive. Utilizing touchable biofacts and animal presentations, this program will get students critically thinking about the adaptations that allow animals to move, find food, and defend themselves in the wild!
- Habitats: From the tundra to the rainforest, from the desert to the wetlands, all animals need the same resources to survive. Learn how animals in different habitats find these resources in this hands-on educational program.
- Ecosystems: Expand upon a habitat to include all of its living and non-living things, and you have a framework for an ecosystem! This program teaches students about the interconnectedness between biotic and abiotic factors within a shared biome.
- Classification: What makes an owl a bird? Or a lizard a reptile? Or an armadillo a mammal? Find out in this immersive program about animal classifications!
- Life Cycles: From birth to adulthood, every living thing has a life cycle. Chickens, frogs, and chinchillas have life cycles unique to their classification. This program uses cooperative learning techniques to teach students how and why life cycles differ.
- Senses: Snakes that smell using their tongue and bugs that taste using their feet?! Students engage in this program by exercising their 5 senses and learning how they compare to the senses of the animal kingdom
- Endangered Species: Endangered species are animals that are nearly extinct in the wild. This program teaches students why species may become endangered and practical ways they can help protect wildlife.
Not seeing a topic that fits your classroom’s needs? Let us know! We can adapt a program to focus on many other topics that you may be discussing in class.